- Are you operating in an artistic, scholarly, community or other public context?
- What kind of architectural and spatial configuration are you working in?
- What is the time frame, and what else may be happening at the same time? Will there be distractions to attention?
- What social, cultural and political context are you operating in, and what is taken for granted?
- What hierarchies are operational in the space and how are you positioned within them?
- Do you need to perform the work or be in the space with it in order to provide context; or be removed from it so not to cloud it with too much information?