Pantomime, as a special movement language, translates words into gestures and has its own vocabulary, grammar and syntax. It is described in Tångeberg, Maya, 2011: 109–189, as ‘The Techniques of Gesture Language’.
- The techniques of hands and eyes
- The traditional Indian mudras as well as European or even ‘invented’ gestures (the vocabulary)
- The accompanying facial and ocular expressions
- The facial expressions of emotions
- The bodily positions and steps
- The rules of time and space in pantomimic storytelling